Kodi is an open source media streaming software, which allows you to stream contents from your local storage, network and from the internet. Being one of the most used media streaming software, kodi has a lot of temporary errors. The most common one among them is “Kodi is not working” error. Generally, kodi will throw back the specific error, but if the error is generalized. Then the kodi itself is not so sure about the errors. There a lot of reasons why your kodi is not working on your device. We will see as a general diagnosis step to find the issue. Follow the steps in the same order to solve the issue. And it also helps you diagnose the problem precisely. Follow the steps carefully to diagnose the issue.
- Make sure to check the power chord and your firestick has proper ventilatilation. Some time due to improper ventilation, the device will heat up to a certain temperature. So it can’t handle high load. Make sure to check this. We can’t conclude anything from this step. It’s just a precautionary measure.
- check your internet connection. This is the prime step. There might be cases where the internet is working fine with other devices but not with your kodi or kodi installed devices. To check this, you need to use indigo kodi addon. Under maintenance tool, you can find check your internet connection. This will ensure the proper network connection to your kodi.
- Next step is updating your addons, sometimes addons are outdated. So it can’t fetch the proper links, this might result in kodi not working issue or black screen issue. You can use the indigo kodi addon to update all addons at once. Install indigo kodi addon, under maintenance tool you can find Force update addons, use this option to update all addons at once.
- If all these steps could not fix the issue then the nest is to update the URL resolver. Since URL Resolver is the backbone of kodi, outdated URL Resolver can’t fetch the links properly. So you need to update it. You can update it from TV addons Repository. Right now they are one of the three official developers of URL Resolver.
- Mostly with these 4 steps, all your problem will be resolved. Unluckily, if you are still facing the problem, Try to update kodi repository. There are no addons available to update all the repository at once. So you need to manually update all the repository. Go to the repository information page and select update. It is a bit time-consuming process, but worth a try!
- If any of these 5 steps did not fix your issue, then there is no other hope. You need to factory reset your kodi. These will erase all your existing data and your kodi will be as good as new.
These are the available steps to diagnose the kodi not working issue and fixing it. Try these steps, it will fix your issue for sure. Hope this article is informative. If you are still facing the issue, then let us know in comments.